Today the 2011 Bonnaroo lineup was announced, and I have to admit, I’m a little let down. 2011 marks the 10-year anniversary for Bonnaroo, so I was expecting something a little more groundbreaking. That being said, I’ll definitely be there.
I’m most excited about:
- Arcade Fire
- The Black Keys – they played Bonnaroo last year, but I missed seeing them as they were scheduled the same time as The Flaming Lips.
- My Morning Jacket – Heather and I saw them at Bonnaroo in 2006. I had never heard this band prior to then, but loved the show.
- The Decemberists – I was a big fan of their album The Hazards of Love (pretty sure that was a 2010 release), and while I’ve only listened to their latest album The King is Dead a couple of times, I’ve really enjoyed it.
- Eminem, Big Boi – both of these should be an entertaining show, at least. I wasn’t too excited about seeing Jay-Z last year, but it turned out to be a great show.
I’m a big fan of The Black Keys and lead singer Dan Auerbach – so I’ll probably try to check out:
- Superjam ft. Dan Auerbach and Dr. John
- Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo
Some bands that are coming that I need to give a listen to before June:
- Mumford & Sons
- Pretty Lights
- Florence & the Machine
- Cold War Kids
So, you going to Bonnaroo this year? Who would you want to see?